Few people could have predicted that Teddy Bridgewater, Mason Rudolph and Daniel Jones would be the talk of the NFL at the end of Week 2.
But that is where things stand after the official benching of Eli Manning on Tuesday followed injuries to Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday.
From post-game news conferences to next-day media availabilities, here are the 10 best Week 2 quotes from players and coaches around the NFL:
– Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay spoke highly of his interior offensive line's performance against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday despite being composed of two new starters: "Really, when you look at those three guys, very young group," he said. "They did a good job as the game progressed."
– Despite a disappointing outing on Sunday in which he missed three kicks, Indianapolis Colts veteran Adam Vinatieri is not getting discouraged: "I'm going to work a lot this week to get those demons out so I can go clear-headed and step on the field and just do my job," he told reporters.
– Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians talked about what it was like babysitting Ronde and Tiki Barber in late 1970s as a Virginia Tech team-mate and room-mate of their father James: "[Ronde]'s got some really ugly pictures of me with some bad hair."
– Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey requested a trade but remains focused on winning while he is still with the team: "All I care about is winning man, s***...I want to f****** win. Straight up. Excuse my language," he told reporters.
– Speaking of Ramsey, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones took notice of the situation and suggested players refrain from airing their grievances on social media: "I would tell them that I can't tell you the teams that have said to me, 'Boy, that's the last thing I need is somebody that would put his business out there like that and talk about it in public. I don't want him either'," Jones told 105.3 "The Fan" in Dallas. "Usually it's a rule around the NFL that if they'll act that way with the team they're with, they'll act that way with the team I've got or the one I'm managing."
– In the wake of Roethlisberger's season-ending elbow injury, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin remains optimistic the veteran will be back next year: "He fully intends to come back from his injury, and everything we've heard, we're comfortable that's a strong possibility," he told reporters. "I'll say this — we feel comfortable with the team we've assembled. Our level of expectations in terms of level of our performance will not change and has not changed."
– With Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton also hurt, safety Eric Reid is open to the idea of the team potentially signing Colin Kaepernick: "The team have not approached me, but I would welcome that."
– New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur is focused on the future after benching long-time starting quarterback Manning for rookie Daniel Jones: "This move is more about Daniel moving forward than about Eli."
– Ahead of the team's game in Jacksonville, Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry is actually tired of watching his 99-yard touchdown run against the Jaguars from last December: "I'm sure [the Jaguars] are, because I am tired of seeing it — so I know for sure they are," he told reporters. "It's over with, man. It was a great moment, and I appreciate it. I cherish it. But it's time to move on now."
– New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick on his first trade with rivals the Jets: "We don't want to help the Jets, they don't want to help us. We're in the same division, so they're not the easiest trades to make but, you know, if the trade is good for both teams and ultimately what we're trying to do is improve our team. We have 14 other games to play besides the games against the Jets, so do we want to help them, do they want to help us? No and no, but in the end, if it helps us in the other 14 games and helps our team, then it's something that's worth considering."
|Darren Waller agrees multi-year extension with Oakland Raiders|
|Super Bowl winner Brock Osweiler announces retirement from NFL, aged 28|
|Jalen Ramsey on trade from Jaguars to Rams: ´I´m overjoyed right now´|
|Dolphins stick with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB|
|Can´t spell Ramsey without Rams – LA confirm trade for star cornerback|
|Rams acquire Ramsey from Jaguars for three draft picks – reports|
|That´s what he said: 10 best NFL quotes from Week 6|
|NFL news and notes: Mayfield expected back after Browns bye, Bennett suspended|
|Rams trade two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Peters to Ravens|
|Bears place defensive tackle Hicks on IR|
|Rodgers leads Packers to victory over Lions|
|Eagles release linebacker Zach Brown|
|Mayfield needs to work on making ´better decisions´ – Kitchens|
|Saints star Brees says he´s progressing well after thumb surgery|
|Bears QB Trubisky throws at practice but remains uncertain for Saints clash|
|NFL Monday lateral: Five Week 6 storylines to watch in Week 7|
|NFL news and notes: Bucs won´t bench Winston, Cooper has ´painful´ thigh bruise|
|Pederson: Eagles are ´going to win´ against the Cowboys|
|Brady will not lobby for Gronkowski to make NFL comeback with Pats|
|Emotional Obada reflects on special return to London with Panthers|
|Steelers hold off Chargers for second win|
|Browns QB Mayfield says hip is ´tender´ after loss to Seahawks|
|Watson wins QB duel against Mahomes´ Chiefs, 49ers stay undefeated|
|Titans bench Mariota for Tannehill against Broncos|
|Ron Rivera on Kyle Allen versus Cam Newton: When the time comes, I will address it|
|Quarterback to the future? Cam Newton and Jameis Winston must prove they are still right for the job|
|Ryan Fitzpatrick comes close to inspiring comeback victory after replacing Josh Rosen|
|Will Dissly suffers Achilles injury during Browns clash|
|Arians on Winston after six turnovers: He has a habit of trying to be Superman|
|Jalen Ramsey misses out for Jaguars against Saints|
|Packers star Davante Adams ruled out of Lions clash|
|McVay says it is up to Gurley if he wants to face 49ers|
|Broncos have no players on trading block, says John Elway|
|Thomas says he was fined $21k for hit on Steelers´ Rudolph|
|Chiefs´ Tyreek Hill game-time decision against Texans|
|NFL news and notes: Brees takes big step in rehab, Thomas reached out to Rudolph after hit|
|How Christian McCaffrey trained for his monster start to the 2019 NFL season|
|Kaepernick ´going to stay ready´ for NFL chance - Reid|
|Carli Lloyd ´definitely considering´ NFL career|
|Patriots ease past Giants 35-14 to remain unbeaten|
|Brady usurps Manning for second in all-time passing yards|
|This week in US sports: NLCS set, Kapler gone and more NFL drama involving Cleveland|
|Kaepernick´s representatives seek to ´set the record straight´ with fact sheet|
|Saints´ Alvin Kamara limited in practice Thursday with ankle injury|
|I just want to help! - Beckham frustrated by Browns´ form|
|NFL Week 6 Bullet Points: Three must-know stats previewing every game|
|NFL in London: What to know when the Panthers face the Buccaneers|
|A.J. Green on trade rumours: I´m prepared for anything|
|Rivera confident Panthers star McCaffrey will be fine to face Bucs in London|
|Rams´ Gurley misses practice with thigh injury, listed as day-to-day|
|Chiefs QB Mahomes says ankle isn´t perfect|
|Mayfield responds to Sherman´s apology, Bosa´s flag plant celebration|
|NFL upholds Raiders LB Burfict´s season-long suspension|
|NFL news and notes: Rudolph practices after knockout hit, Keenum to start for Redskins|
|Barkley & Engram out for Giants against Patriots|
|Rihanna rejected Super Bowl gig in show of solidarity with Kaepernick|
|Jalen Ramsey set to make practice return after seeing back specialist|
|Panthers confirm Cam Newton will not travel to London|
|Former Patriots tight end Gronkowski joins FOX Sports as NFL analyst|
|Jets quarterback Darnold cleared to play against Cowboys|
|Cowboys insist coach Jason Garrett is ´absolutely not´ on hot seat|
|Bengals receiver A.J. Green out at least one more week|
|That´s some college s*** - Sherman launches scathing critique of Mayfield after handshake snub|
|Bosa gets ´payback´ on Mayfield by mimicking flag plant|
|49ers remain perfect after outclassing Mayfield´s Browns|
|New England Patriots release tight end Benjamin Watson|
|49ers´ Jones proposes to girlfriend before Browns game|
|NFL Monday lateral: Five Week 5 storylines to watch in Week 6|
|NFL news and notes: Rudolph remains in concussion protocol, Callahan takes over Redskins|
|Redskins coach Gruden fired after 0-5 start|