The St Louis Blues are finally heading back to the Stanley Cup Finals.
St Louis closed out the San Jose Sharks with a 5-1 win in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals at the Enterprise Center on Tuesday.
David Perron put the Blues ahead early in the first period and Vladimir Tarasenko made the score 2-0 about 15 minutes later.
Dylan Gambrell cut the Sharks' deficit in half a little less than seven minutes into the second period.
But, Brayden Schenn answered with a goal of his own to extend St Louis' lead to 3-1 and they pulled away from there to reach the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1970.
Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals between the Blues and Boston Bruins is set for Monday.
Here are five facts to know about the Blues snapping their 49-year Stanley Cup Finals drought.
- St Louis last played in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1970 and they have never won a title. The Blues reached the championship round every year from 1968-70, but have never won a game and were swept in all three of those series.
- The Blues played the Bruins the last time they reached the Stanley Cup Finals. The team they will face this time around? The Bruins. Boston swept the Carolina Hurricanes in the Eastern Conference Finals.
- It seemed unlikely St Louis would even make the playoffs this season as the team were last in all of the NHL on January 2. However, the Blues turned it around and became just the 35th team in league history to reach the postseason after ranking last at any point after their 20th game, according to the Los Angeles Times.
- 'Play Gloria' became the Blues' rallying cry in early January as the team began to work their way back into contention. St Louis fans will hope to hear it a few more times.
- St Louis were on the ropes in the Western Conference Finals as the Sharks held a 2-1 lead after the series' first three games. The Blues, however, won the next three matchups and outscored San Jose 12-2 during that time frame to advance.
|Blues star Schenn signs eight-year contract extension|
|2019-20 NHL preview: Three storylines to follow this season|
|Avalanche and Rantanen agree to six-year, $55.5m deal|
|Oilers captain McDavid has no timetable for return|
|Lightning sign Stanley Cup champion Maroon|
|Blues reward Binnington with new deal after Stanley Cup win|
|Devils acquire P.K. Subban from Predators|
|Devils select Jack Hughes with top pick in NHL Draft|
|Lightning´s Nikita Kucherov caps off season with Hart Trophy|
|Sharks sign All-Star defenseman Karlsson to eight-year deal|
|Capitals sign Hagelin to four-year extension|
|Stanley Cup joy for hometown hero Pat Maroon as St Louis Blues land trophy glory|
|Blues captain Pietrangelo hands cup to Bouwmeester|
|Blues´ O´Reilly wins Conn Smythe Trophy|
|Blues win first Stanley Cup as Binnington stars against Bruins|
|BREAKING NEWS: Blues win first Stanley Cup|
|Stanley Cup Final 2019: Three things to watch as Bruins host Blues in Game 7|
|Bruins terrified into response on Stanley Cup ´rollercoaster´|
|Bruins force Game 7 against Blues|
|St. Louis paper premature with Blues Stanley Cup triumph plaudits|
|Sabres sign Skinner to huge deal|
|Bruins´ Cassidy heated after ´blatant´ missed call|
|Blues edge Bruins in controversial Game 5|
|Blues level Stanley Cup Final against Bruins|
|Bruins take 2-1 lead over Blues in Stanley Cup Final|
|Blues´ Sundqvist suspended for one game|
|Blues draw level with Bruins in Stanley Cup Final|
|I´m just glad I got a haircut - Bruins´ Krug reflects on key helmet-less hit|
|Bruins draw first blood against Blues in Stanley Cup Final|
|Stanley Cup Final 2019: Five storylines to follow in Blues v Bruins|
|Finland edge Canada to clinch third world title|
|Finland to face Canada in final after downing Russia|
|Last-gasp goal sets up Canada´s overtime triumph|
|Blues snap 49-year Stanley Cup Finals drought|
|Canada beat USA, who must now face rampant Russia|
|Italy remain at top table, Great Britain rally to relegate France|
|Kane stars as USA close on quarter-final berth|
|Finland shutout Britain to move top of Group A|
|Sweden thrash Austria, Marchessault lifts Canada|
|Ovechkin helps Russia crush Italy, Kane leads USA|
|Germany, Switzerland stay perfect|
|Mantha leads Canada past Britain, USA thrash France|
|Swiss thrash Italy, Britain also beaten|
|Czechs snap Sweden´s streak at World Championship, Slovakia beat USA|
|NHL apologises to Golden Knights for controversial penalty call|
|Golden Knights blast ´embarrassing´ penalty call in dramatic Sharks defeat|
|NHL awards 2019: Brent Burns, Mark Giordano, Victor Hedman named Norris Trophy finalists|
|Capitals´ Reirden heated after hit on ´defenseless´ Oshie|
|Blue Jackets sweep Lightning in huge upset|
|Kings hire former Sharks, Oilers coach McLellan|
|Flyers appoint Vigneault as coach|
|Voynov to remain ineligible in NHL until 2020|
|Panthers move quickly, hire Joel Quenneville as new coach|
|Sabres fire Housley, Panthers dismiss Boughner|
|Lightning tie NHL record for most wins in a season|
|Penguins star Malkin expected back for playoff push|
|Lightning reach rare NHL milestone with Senators win|
|Capitals star Ovechkin makes NHL history after scoring 50th goal|
|Conor McGregor makes surprise NHL appearance|
|Red Wings great Ted Lindsay dies aged 93|
|Senators fire head coach Boucher|
|NHL trade deadline 2019: The biggest deals that went down|
|Sharks acquire Nyquist from Red Wings|
|Zuccarello expected to miss at least four weeks|
|Sabres acquire Montour from Ducks|
|Kucherov notches second straight 100-point NHL season|
|Flyers acquire Talbot from Oilers for Stolarz|
|Bruins´ David Pastrnak undergoes thumb procedure after fall|
|Mikko Koivu injury update: Wild captain out for season with torn ACL, meniscus|
|Capitals star Ovechkin becomes highest-scoring Russian player in NHL history|