The Miami Dolphins are dealing with multiple issues and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith is not happy with some team owners.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said his sarcasm backfired and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Mularkey says to trust his word at face value.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could be doubting himself and the Detroit Lions are playing coy with Matthew Stafford's injury.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Smith on NFL teams mandating that players stand for the national anthem: "No player is disrespecting our country or our flag... As thousands have shown in the past, it takes bravery and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some. There is room for management to do the same and maybe then players do not have to risk the taunts and threats alone. This is their opportunity to lead as well and will be a true test to their motto that 'Football is Family.'"
– Mularkey on an NFL Network report that Marcus Mariota will miss another two weeks: "You can listen to NFL Network or you can listen to me. When I say day-to-day, I tell you like it is... I feel better about that one than this one. I held out hope, but I feel better about that one."
– Newton on learning from his "funny" comment toward a female reporter: "My sarcasm trying to give someone a compliment turned in ways I never would have imagined."
– New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown on winning a game in Cleveland: "It took me three years and two teams, but I got me a win at FirstEnergy."
– Dolphins coach Adam Gase on fans wanting Matt Moore instead of Jay Cutler at quarterback: "I’ll make the decision on the quarterback. We’re not going to take a public poll."
– Gase on learning of video appearing to show former offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white, powdery substance: "I don’t think I can say what my reaction was."
– Roethlisberger on throwing five interceptions: "Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm not playing well enough."
– Stafford on his reported injuries: "Why would you want another team to know exactly what's going on with you if you don't have to mention it? Obviously the reports come out and all that kind of stuff, and that's about as much information as we're as a team going to get out. There's no real win in telling everybody in America what's going on with ya, right? 'What's the positive' is how I look at it."
– Chicago Bears coach John Fox on the first NFL start for rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky: "He's got what it takes. There's no doubt in my mind. I think our guys feel it. They feel his presence."
|Cavs coach Lue steps away from job due to health reasons|
|Thunder end Raptors´ streak, Davis stars|
|Stars goalie Bishop expected to miss at least two weeks|
|Pistons got absolutely screwed - Van Gundy slams officiating in loss to Trail Blazers|
|LeBron James: Cavs worried about Lue health|
|Australia to host two games against Team USA in 2019|
|Grizzlies snap 19-game losing streak, LeBron´s triple-double lifts Cavs|
|NFL Draft 2018: Jets acquire number three overall pick from Colts|
|UMBC´s March Madness win earns everyone in USA free pizza|
|Markelle Fultz´s return remains a mystery to Brett Brown|
|Thunder claim key win, injury-ravaged Warriors fall to Kings|
|J.J. Watt breaks news of Tyrann Mathieu´s deal with Texans|
|Super Bowl champion LeGarrette Blount joins Lions|
|Warriors star Durant to miss at least two weeks with rib injury|
|Doc Rivers fined $15,000 for calling officiating ´complete joke´|
|Ravens sign WR Michael Crabtree to three-year deal|
|Vikings sign DT Sheldon Richardson|
|Vikings celebrate Cousins capture as AFC lags behind in NFL ´arms´ race|
|LeBron delivers massive dunk as Cavs fall to Trail Blazers|
|Rivers slams officials after Clippers´ loss to Rockets|
|Hawks´ Schroder: Howard only cares against his former teams|
|Vikings sign Cousins to record contract|
|Redskins sign Smith to contract extension|
|Wizards sneak past Celtics in double OT, Durant leads Warriors|
|Richburg signs multi-year deal with 49ers|
|Bills sign QB McCarron to two-year deal|
|Murcia dump out holders Tenerife to reach last eight|
|Browns tackle Thomas announces retirement|
|Mathieu nearing Cardinals exit|
|Cleveland Browns stalwart Joe Thomas announces retirement|
|Stephen Curry at 30: The numbers behind an illustrious career|
|Breaking down Russell Westbrook´s 100 triple-doubles|
|I´m like fine wine - LeBron James after career-high 14th triple-double|
|Westbrook, Simmons add to triple-double prowess|
|Titans to add another ex-Patriot in RB Lewis|
|Warriors star Curry to miss at least another week|
|Canadiens All-Star defenseman Weber out for season|
|Jets to sign QB Bridgewater to one-year deal|
|Jets set to sign DB Johnson|
|QB McCown signs new Jets deal amid Bridgewater rumours|
|Monaco cruise into BCL last eight in front of Prince Albert II|
|Titans to sign former Patriots CB Malcolm Butler to five-year deal|
|Former Raiders CB Smith to serve year in jail for assault|
|Packers releasing Jordy Nelson, signing Jimmy Graham|
|Cardinals release RB Adrian Peterson|
|QB Sam Bradford expected to sign with Cardinals|
|Danny Amendola set to swap Patriots for Dolphins|
|Kirk Cousins ´likely to sign with Vikings´ after visit|
|Drew Brees staying with Saints in reported two-year, $50m deal|
|Chiefs agree to terms with WR Sammy Watkins|
|Robinson reportedly set to join Bears|
|Keenum expected to sign with Broncos|
|Jake Arrieta pens heartfelt letter to Cubs after joining Phillies|
|Houston top San Antonio as Spurs´ woes continue|
|Capitals star Alexander Ovechkin nets 600th career NHL goal|
|Kirk Cousins pens emotional letter to Redskins fans|
|Dolphins expected to release DT Ndamukong Suh|
|LOOK: Tom Brady offers first glimpse at gashed hand|
|LeBron James blames Cavaliers´ woes on team injuries|
|Kyrie Irving hints at extended rest due to knee injury|
|Sherman: Chance to face Seahawks behind 49ers move|
|Thomas helps Lakers to win over LeBron, Cavs|
|Cavs lose Osman for at least two weeks, Hood day-to-day with back strain|
|Chargers sign CB Hayward to three-year extension|
|Westbrook´s triple-double leads Thunder past Spurs|
|Richard Sherman set to join 49ers|
|Royals RF Bonifacio handed 80-game ban after testing positive for steroids|
|JuJu Smith-Schuster steps up campaign for LeBron James to join Steelers|
|Rockets, Pelicans and Warriors see winning streaks end as Cavs fall|
|Browns trade for Bills QB Taylor, Landry expected to join|