The Miami Dolphins are dealing with multiple issues and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith is not happy with some team owners.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said his sarcasm backfired and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Mularkey says to trust his word at face value.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could be doubting himself and the Detroit Lions are playing coy with Matthew Stafford's injury.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Smith on NFL teams mandating that players stand for the national anthem: "No player is disrespecting our country or our flag... As thousands have shown in the past, it takes bravery and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some. There is room for management to do the same and maybe then players do not have to risk the taunts and threats alone. This is their opportunity to lead as well and will be a true test to their motto that 'Football is Family.'"
– Mularkey on an NFL Network report that Marcus Mariota will miss another two weeks: "You can listen to NFL Network or you can listen to me. When I say day-to-day, I tell you like it is... I feel better about that one than this one. I held out hope, but I feel better about that one."
– Newton on learning from his "funny" comment toward a female reporter: "My sarcasm trying to give someone a compliment turned in ways I never would have imagined."
– New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown on winning a game in Cleveland: "It took me three years and two teams, but I got me a win at FirstEnergy."
– Dolphins coach Adam Gase on fans wanting Matt Moore instead of Jay Cutler at quarterback: "I’ll make the decision on the quarterback. We’re not going to take a public poll."
– Gase on learning of video appearing to show former offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white, powdery substance: "I don’t think I can say what my reaction was."
– Roethlisberger on throwing five interceptions: "Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm not playing well enough."
– Stafford on his reported injuries: "Why would you want another team to know exactly what's going on with you if you don't have to mention it? Obviously the reports come out and all that kind of stuff, and that's about as much information as we're as a team going to get out. There's no real win in telling everybody in America what's going on with ya, right? 'What's the positive' is how I look at it."
– Chicago Bears coach John Fox on the first NFL start for rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky: "He's got what it takes. There's no doubt in my mind. I think our guys feel it. They feel his presence."
|Rodgers: I´d love to play with the Packers to 40|
|NFL training camp 2018: Contract holdouts and where they stand|
|Former NHL goalie Ray Emery found dead|
|Pirates secure five-game sweep of Brewers with walk-off win|
|WATCH: LeBron receives standing ovation at Lakers´ summer league game|
|Tony Romo wins celebrity-filled American Century Championship|
|Eagles running back Sproles plans to retire after next season|
|Tomlin optimistic over Bell contract|
|Cubs´ Darvish hopes to return by next weekend|
|Bogaerts hits walk-off grand slam to deliver Red Sox win over Blue Jays|
|Cardinals dismiss Matheny, name Shildt interim manager|
|Braves place closer Vizcaino back on DL, manager concerned about injury|
|Long on Eagles having Wentz, Foles: It´s really a dream|
|Rays´ Ramos won´t play All-Star Game due to hamstring injury|
|Gary Sanchez injury update: Yankees catcher on track to return after All-Star break|
|LeBron James will have input on Lakers personnel moves - Johnson|
|Indians hold off Yankees comeback, Blue Jays end Red Sox´s run|
|Chase Utley to retire after MLB season|
|Lakers guard Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery|
|Pujols placed on 10-day DL with left knee inflammation|
|Running back Murray announces retirement|
|McAdoo backs Giants to win NFC East in 2018|
|Red Sox earn 10th straight win; Pujols matches Ken Griffey Jr.|
|Dellavedova praises Australia´s conduct in Philippines brawl|
|Mets get walk-off win, but again give deGrom no support|
|Rockies, Indians help break MLB record|
|Clippers´ West: LeBron wasn´t a tough free-agent signing|
|Astros´ Bregman to participate in Home Run Derby|
|Brewers´ Aguilar, Mariners´ Segura win Final Vote for All-Star Game|
|Astros´ Hinch on Giles´ demotion: He´s got to sort some things out|
|NFL Supplemental Draft 2018: Giants take Beal in round three|
|LeBron will be Lakers´ only guaranteed starter, says GM|
|Curry tells LeBron´s Lakers: You´ve still got to beat us|
|Silver: It’s not bad that the Warriors are so good|
|Reds score seven runs in ninth to top Indians|
|Gray on recent struggles: I´m going to figure it out|
|LeSean McCoy denies accusations of domestic violence|
|NFLPA files challenge to league´s new anthem policy|
|LeBron James signing a ´historic moment´ for Lakers|
|Slumping Nationals topped by Pirates, fall to .500|
|Molina in for All-Star Game, replacing ailing Posey|
|LeBron James officially signs with Lakers|
|Murray wants to ´have an opportunity to win a championship´ with next team|
|Price says he hasn´t thought about opting out of Red Sox contract|
|Richardson bids Panthers goodbye as sale is finalised|
|NFL Supplemental Draft Guide - Beal headlines class out to end three-year wait|
|Ohtani´s pinch-hit home run leads Angels past Dodgers|
|Archer mad about Rays team-mate Snell´s All-Star snub|
|Brewers blow past Braves with convincing win|
|Judge, Stanton to skip Home Run Derby|
|Trout, Arenado headline MLB All-Star Game starters|
|Lue will meet with Walton to discuss James|
|Booker signs max contract extension with Suns|
|Phillies win again as trade rumours surface|
|Durant signs new deal with Golden State Warriors|
|Cavaliers ´hurt but not bitter´ over James to Lakers|
|Cousins patient with return at ´scary´ Warriors|
|Reynolds hits walk-off home run to lead Nationals past Marlins|
|Former Spurs guard Parker says he has no problem with Leonard|
|Banned pitcher Mejia cleared to return to MLB in 2019|
|Lakers guard Rondo not ´caught up´ in starting, excited to help Ball|
|Oklahoma City mayor declares July 7 ´Paul George Day´|
|Popovich pays tribute to Parker as Hornets move confirmed|
|Nationals rally from 9-0 deficit to beat Marlins|
|Isn´t that worse than not standing? – Trump unhappy with NFL´s anthem rule|
|Giants activate Cueto from 60-day DL|
|Astros win in 10, pad lead over hot Mariners|
|Syndergaard could return for Mets by All-Star break|
|Yankees rookie Torres goes on 10-day DL with right hip strain|
|Dodgers acquire reliever Floro from Reds|