The Miami Dolphins are dealing with multiple issues and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith is not happy with some team owners.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said his sarcasm backfired and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Mularkey says to trust his word at face value.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could be doubting himself and the Detroit Lions are playing coy with Matthew Stafford's injury.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Smith on NFL teams mandating that players stand for the national anthem: "No player is disrespecting our country or our flag... As thousands have shown in the past, it takes bravery and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some. There is room for management to do the same and maybe then players do not have to risk the taunts and threats alone. This is their opportunity to lead as well and will be a true test to their motto that 'Football is Family.'"
– Mularkey on an NFL Network report that Marcus Mariota will miss another two weeks: "You can listen to NFL Network or you can listen to me. When I say day-to-day, I tell you like it is... I feel better about that one than this one. I held out hope, but I feel better about that one."
– Newton on learning from his "funny" comment toward a female reporter: "My sarcasm trying to give someone a compliment turned in ways I never would have imagined."
– New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown on winning a game in Cleveland: "It took me three years and two teams, but I got me a win at FirstEnergy."
– Dolphins coach Adam Gase on fans wanting Matt Moore instead of Jay Cutler at quarterback: "I’ll make the decision on the quarterback. We’re not going to take a public poll."
– Gase on learning of video appearing to show former offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white, powdery substance: "I don’t think I can say what my reaction was."
– Roethlisberger on throwing five interceptions: "Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm not playing well enough."
– Stafford on his reported injuries: "Why would you want another team to know exactly what's going on with you if you don't have to mention it? Obviously the reports come out and all that kind of stuff, and that's about as much information as we're as a team going to get out. There's no real win in telling everybody in America what's going on with ya, right? 'What's the positive' is how I look at it."
– Chicago Bears coach John Fox on the first NFL start for rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky: "He's got what it takes. There's no doubt in my mind. I think our guys feel it. They feel his presence."
|Harden to return for the Rockets against the Timberwolves|
|Wizards get in scuffle in blowout loss to Hornets|
|Rockets´ Ariza, Green suspended|
|Brady limited in practice due to hand injury|
|Banvit beat Bayreuth to stay top as Gaziantep end losing streak|
|Kawhi Leonard´s rehab shut down as quad problem lingers|
|Steelers will not retain offensive coordinator Todd Haley|
|Brady named writers´ NFL MVP|
|IOC to consider joint Korean ice hockey team|
|Five fun facts as LeBron James chases 30K career points|
|Thomas turns down Celtics´ video tribute|
|Celtics great White dead at 71|
|Trust the Process – 76ers only behind Warriors and Cavs in merchandise sales|
|Monaco stay perfect, Murcia overcome Oldenburg|
|Jags RB Leonard Fournette uninjured in three-car accident|
|Durant continues dominance over Cavs as Warriors win|
|Westbrook ejected against Kings after arguing call|
|Pirates send McCutchen to Giants|
|Saints, Steelers coaching staffs to lead Pro Bowl teams|
|LeBron says we cannot let racism ´conquer us as people´|
|Super Bowl hopeful Belichick cautiously preparing for Jaguars|
|Cardinals veteran Yadier Molina: Three more years before retirement|
|The best finishes in NFL playoff history - Where does Keenum & Diggs´ Minneapolis miracle rank?|
|Titans part ways with Mularkey|
|Davis leads Pelicans past Knicks with 48 points|
|Lakers rookie Ball´s MRI clean, questionable for Monday|
|Vikings react to ´unbelievable´ win over Saints|
|Steelers QB Roethlisberger plans to return next season|
|WATCH: Diggs´ walk-off TD sends Vikings through to NFC championship|
|Vikings edge Saints in stunning fashion|
|Titans OT Conklin tears ACL during loss to Patriots|
|Vikings safety Sendejo concussed after blind-side hit|
|Jaguars upset Steelers in NFL playoffs|
|Mariota ´embarrassed´ by Titans loss to Patriots|
|Mask-wearing Eagles revel in underdog status|
|Warriors top Raptors despite blowing 27-point lead|
|Patriots reach seventh successive AFC championship game|
|Eagles stifle Falcons to reach NFC championship game|
|MLB champions Astros land Cole in trade with Pirates|
|Patriots RBs Burkhead, Gillislee out against Titans|
|Vikings activate Sam Bradford off injured reserve|
|Warriors welcome back Curry ahead of Raptors clash|
|Horford: Young Celtics must keep building|
|Patriots again aim to thrive amid familiar talk of demise|
|Cavaliers blow 22-point lead in third straight loss|
|Raptors president Ujiri proud of his ´s***hole´ country|
|Blue Jays, Donaldson avoid arbitration|
|Red Sox avoid arbitration with Bogaerts, eight others|
|Steelers expect Brown to play against Jaguars despite illness|
|Warriors again without Curry versus Bucks|
|2018 AFC Divisional Playoffs: Three things to watch in Jaguars-Steelers|
|NFL Divisional Playoffs: Picks & predictions|
|2018 NFC Divisional Playoffs: Three things to watch in Saints-Vikings|
|Julio´s historic average & New Orleans´ road woes - NFL Divisional Playoffs in Opta facts|
|NFL Playoffs Power Rankings: Top seeds get their first tests|
|Unified Korean ice hockey team proposed for Winter Olympics|
|Brady legacy secure without sixth Super Bowl - Umenyiora|
|LeBron James rips own team as Raptors thrash Cavs|
|Lightning All-Star Hedman suffers lower-body injury|
|Hornets boss Clifford cleared to resume coaching|
|´Frustrated´ Embiid felt destined to struggle against Celtics|
|2018 AFC Divisional Playoffs: Three things to watch in Titans v Patriots|
|2018 NFC Divisional Playoffs: Three things to watch in Falcons v Eagles|
|Absence of Simmons spotlight boosts Tatum´s shot at rookie award|
|Bell might not play next season if Steelers put franchise tag on him again|
|Brown, Irving lead Celtics to comeback London victory|
|LeBron not ready to talk retirement just yet|
|Players, officials meeting in All-Star break welcomed by NBA commissioner|
|Tottenham to host Raiders versus Seahawks as Levy outlines franchise objective|
|Paul sparks fireworks after win over Trail Blazers, Clippers stun Warriors|