History has already been made in the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs.
Missing star quarterback and MVP candidate Carson Wentz, the Philadelphia Eagles are the first top seed to go into their opening playoff matchup as underdogs.
That is perhaps the greatest illustration of the lack of faith in Wentz's replacement Nick Foles as he leads the Eagles into a matchup with an Atlanta Falcons team that produced an excellent defensive effort to knock off the Los Angeles Rams in their Wild Card matchup.
There figures to be a similar lack of belief in Marcus Mariota and the Tennessee Titans against the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots despite their stunning comeback against the Kansas City Chiefs last week.
The Jacksonville Jaguars will be out to replicate their 30-9 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers from October when they visit Heinz Field again for a place in the AFC Championship Game.
A place in history could also beckon for the Minnesota Vikings, whose bid to become the first team to play in the Super Bowl in their home stadium resumes as they take on the New Orleans Saints.
Here we look at some of the best Opta facts for this weekend's second-round matchups.
Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia have totalled under 220 yards of offense in their last two home games, the first time they have done so since September 12-19, 1999. They have not done so in three straight home games since October 10-31, 1971.
- Since the start of Week 15, the Eagles are averaging 17.7 points and 258.9 yards of offense per game, which rank as the 12th and fourth-worst, respectively, in the NFL over that time. Prior to that, they averaged 31.1 points and 390.4 yards of offense per game, good for the best and the third-best in the league.
- Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is averaging 104.7 receiving yards per game in the postseason, the best average in league history (minimum six games).
- The Falcons have won three of their last four road games after their victory in Los Angeles last weekend. They have now forced at least one turnover in six straight away games after failing to force a single one in their previous three.
Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots
- New England are 9-1 at home in the playoffs since the 2011 season. No other team has more than five home wins in the postseason in that time.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has caught nine touchdowns in the playoffs. Since 1999, only one other tight end has more than four in the postseason (Vernon Davis – 7).
- Last week, Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota became the first quarterback in league postseason history to catch a touchdown pass. He is also just the fifth quarterback since 1999 to record a touchdown pass and reception in the same game.
- Titans running back Derrick Henry finished with 156 rushing yards and a touchdown against Kansas City last week, becoming the second player in team history to record 150+ rushing yards in a playoff game.
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Steelers are 12-2 all time at home in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, the best record in the league (min. five games). Additionally, they are 5-1 at home in the postseason since the 2008 season, the second-best record in the NFL in that time (min. five games).
- Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has thrown multiple interceptions in six of his nine playoff games at home in his career.
- Jacksonville had 11 interceptions on the road during the regular season, tied for the second most in the league.
- The Jaguars won four road games this season. They won five between 2013 and 2016. Jacksonville has lost five of their last six road playoff games, though the one win came in Pittsburgh.
New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings
- The Vikings are 4-3 in their last seven home playoff games, but have lost two of their last three. They have not lost two straight home playoff games since doing so in 1988 against the Washington Redskins and 1993 against the Chicago Bears.
- The Vikings allowed just 15.8 points per game during the regular season, the fewest in the league. They also allowed just 13 passing touchdowns, also the fewest in the NFL.
- New Orleans are 1-6 all time on the road in the playoffs. In their seven road playoff games, they have 18 turnovers and just three takeaways.
- The Saints allowed the Panthers to gain 413 total yards in the Wild Card game. It was the first time this season that the Saints won a game in which the opponent gained 400+ yards in regulation. They are now 2-4 in games in which they allowed at least 400 yards this year, including their Week 1 loss to Minnesota.
#Saints QB Drew Brees needs 38 yards and two TDs to move into 9th place on both the postseason career passing yards and passing touchdowns leaderboards. h/t @OptaJerry #NOvsMIN pic.twitter.com/qdT8D1gLsJ— Omnisport US News (@OmnisportUS) January 11, 2018
|Warriors´ Green injured against Rockets|
|I´m tired of saying we came close – Yankees´ Hicks wants a World Series|
|Bauer: Indians can be best team in MLB|
|James Harden fined $25k for criticising NBA officials|
|Ivory Coast on brink of qualification, Central African Republic hopes dashed|
|Pelicans to rest Davis against Lakers|
|Rockets star Harden to miss Warriors clash|
|Patriots´ Devin McCourty reacts to Robert Kraft´s solicitation charges: ´Let it play out´|
|DeRozan humbled by reception on bittersweet Raptors return|
|Thunder´s George: That was a statement|
|Westbrook´s streak ends in Thunder win, Raptors best DeRozan in return|
|Italy, Poland secure World Cup spots|
|WATCH: Raptors pay tribute to DeRozan in return to Toronto|
|Trump on Kraft charge: He´s proclaimed his innocence totally|
|Who is Robert Kraft? The New England Patriots owner who helped build an NFL dynasty|
|Patriots owner Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution|
|Harden: Rude and arrogant Foster should never officiate Rockets|
|Antetokounmpo´s Bucks edge Celtics to extend lead in Eastern Conference|
|Durant blocks Kings rookie Bagley five times in one half|
|Kucherov notches second straight 100-point NHL season|
|Padres confirm Machado´s 10-year, $300m deal|
|Williamson diagnosed with grade one knee sprain|
|This Week in US Sports: Manny Machado finds a home, Williamson gets hurt|
|Serbia progress in the balance with one game to go|
|DeMarcus Cousins blasts college basketball after Zion Williamson injury|
|Duke players, Coach K react to Zion Williamson’s knee injury|
|Barack Obama wishes Zion Williamson a ´speedy recovery´|
|LeBron sends best wishes to top NBA prospect Zion Williamson after injury|
|Duke star Williamson suffers knee injury|
|´Everybody wants to actually talk about bull****´ – Irving angry over Durant video rumours|
|LeBron James ready for Lakers´ playoff push|
|Machado picking Padres over White Sox might´ve been a mistake – Anderson|
|Joel Embiid struggling with knee injury|
|Le´Veon Bell won´t be hit with Steelers´ franchise tag|
|Luka Doncic and LeBron James´ rookie seasons compared|
|Manfred credits Athletics despite missing out on Murray|
|Machado joining Padres would be great - MLB commissioner|
|Riley on LeBron leaving Heat: I saw a dynasty fly out the window|
|White Sox in ´disbelief´ after Machado reportedly picks Padres|
|Machado agrees 10-year, $300m deal with Padres - reports|
|It is time to move on - Antonio Brown meets with Steelers owner|
|Former Cowboys QB Tony Romo to play Dallas PGA Tour event|
|Murray: Playing for Cardinals? That would be nice|
|Beal tried recruiting players to Wizards during All-Star break|
|´He´s unreal´ – Warriors´ Curry praises Duke star Zion|
|Iguodala replaces LeBron as VP of NBPA|
|Lakers coach Walton: LeBron and I get along just fine|
|Giants manager Bruce Bochy to retire after 2019 season|
|I´ll try to keep racking them up - Durant wants more after All-Star MVP|
|Kaepernick may not want to return to the NFL - Allen|
|LeBron focusing on Lakers´ playoff push after All-Star Game|
|Antetokounmpo shines, Nowitzki and Wade can still play – takeaways from NBA All-Star Game|
|Top highlights from Team LeBron´s victory over Team Giannis in NBA All-Star Game|
|Durant earns All-Star Game MVP honours|
|Team LeBron rally past Team Giannis|
|Stroman unhappy with Blue Jays´ lack of veteran leadership|
|What we learned from NBA All-Star Saturday|
|Kaepernick´s attorney tips Patriots to make move for QB|
|Tebow: I told Murray to follow his heart|
|Diallo soars over Shaq to win Slam Dunk contest|
|WATCH: Diallo dunks over Shaquille O´Neal|
|Silver: NBA trade requests should stay behind closed doors|
|´It´s more of an aspiration´ – LeBron clears up potential NBA ownership|
|Harris wins Three-Point contest ahead of Curry|
|Tatum wins NBA Skills Challenge with stunning half-court shot|
|Antonio Brown: Roethlisberger has owner mentality and you can´t call him out|
|NBA, FIBA link up to start 12-team league in Africa|
|LeBron James, Derek Jeter lead praise for retiring Yankees legend CC Sabathia|
|Durant happy for Porzingis but guarded on his own future|
|Stephen Curry reveals three-point contest bet with brother Seth|