Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen will attempt to make NFL history on Sunday when they take on the Detroit Lions.
Thielen has started the season in magnificent form, becoming the first receiver to begin a campaign with eight successive 100-yard games.
That run has seen him tie Lions legend Calvin Johnson for the most three-figure receiving games in a row.
He will look to surpass Johnson against the franchise where the receiver known as 'Megatron' spent his entire professional career.
Thielen's streak comes six years after Johnson's, but how do his 2018 and Megatron's 2012 compare? We crunched the Opta numbers to find out.
MEGATRON MAKES THE YARDS, THIELEN THE SUPERIOR SCORER
- Thielen has the superior catch percentage, hauling in 74 of his 96 targets (77.1 per cent), while Johnson caught 76 of 115 (66.1 per cent) over the same period in 2012.
- Johnson was much more of a big-play threat, racking up 1,254 yards to Thielen's 925. However, Thielen has six touchdown grabs over the first eight games while Johnson had just four during his streak.
- During the eight games in which Thielen has 100+ yards receiving, the Vikings are 4-3-1. While Minnesota have been able to post a winning record, the Lions were 1-7 during Johnson's streak.
- During his record run, Johnson had five games with 10+ receptions. Thielen has three.
- The Lions were far more dependent on Johnson, who accounted for 37.3 per cent of Detroit's total yards in those eight games, whereas Thielen has 30.0 per cent of his team's total yards to date.
- Alongside Thielen, Stefon Diggs also has three 100+ yard receiving games. While Johnson was amassing eight straight games with 100+ yards, only one other Lion had such a game (Ryan Broyles).
- The yards per catch numbers back up Johnson's reputation as a greater big-play threat. Johnson had a 16.5 YPC average, while Thielen's number stands at 12.5.
- Johnson's most productive game during his stretch was the last, where he had 11 catches for 225 yards – only 60 games have featured more yards by a single receiver and only nine players have accomplished the feat since his performance.
- Thielen's highest individual yardage total during his run is 135. Johnson had five games with more than 135 yards during his streak.
|Jets pick Quinnen Williams targets Tom Brady|
|Early success a must for Murray to justify unnecessary Cardinals gamble|
|Spurs can´t get caught up in Nuggets crowd - DeRozan issues warning ahead of Game 7|
|Ravens bring Hollywood to Baltimore, Giants reach for Jones - The best and worst picks of the NFL Dr|
|Bauer leads Indians past Astros|
|Five potential destinations for Josh Rosen after Cardinals pick Kyler Murray|
|Cardinals make Kyler Murray first pick as Giants spring Daniel Jones surprise|
|Celtics Hall of Famer Havlicek dies aged 79|
|Cardinals´ Kyler Murray: I want to be best that ever played|
|Spurs top Nuggets to force Game 7|
|Haskins falls to Redskins in NFL Draft|
|Bosa ´excited to go kick butt´ with 49ers|
|Baker Mayfield leads congratulations to top draft pick Kyler Murray|
|Giants take Eli Manning successor in Daniel Jones|
|New York Giants fan wins season tickets for 100 years|
|Chiefs star Mahomes graces Madden 20 cover|
|Nick Bosa goes second to 49ers in NFL Draft|
|Cardinals take Kyler Murray first overall in NFL Draft|
|´I don´t really care what people say´ – Westbrook on criticism|
|Lakers star LeBron James tops NBA jersey sales|
|This Week in US Sports: NHL playoffs putting NBA postseason to shame|
|NHL apologises to Golden Knights for controversial penalty call|
|Kings, NBA launch joint investigation into Luke Walton sexual assault allegations|
|Curry: Warriors must erase memories of Game 5 loss to Williams-inspired Clippers|
|This game sucked – Thompson laments loss as Warriors miss chance to advance|
|Mariners introduced to Padres´ Paddack in loss|
|Rockets close out Jazz, Clippers hold off Warriors|
|Rockets´ Capela explains why he wants to face Warriors|
|LeBron disputes reported rift with Lakers front office|
|Kerr calls Lillard´s game-winner against Thunder a ´good shot´|
|Russell ´definitely´ wants to stay with Nets|
|Top prospect Guerrero called up by Blue Jays|
|Steelers sign Roethlisberger to two-year contract extension|
|Ravens make Tucker highest-paid kicker in NFL|
|Cowboys pick up Ezekiel Elliott´s fifth-year option|
|NFL Draft 2019: How does Kyler Murray compare to QBs taken first overall?|
|Golden Knights blast ´embarrassing´ penalty call in dramatic Sharks defeat|
|I was just waving goodbye to them - Lillard sends Thunder packing|
|Wheeler impresses in Mets´ win over Phillies|
|Raptors, 76ers advance as Lillard´s buzzer-beater sends Blazers through|
|Lillard´s stunning buzzer-beating three eliminates Thunder|
|Embiid: 76ers can win NBA Finals|
|Cousins ´highly unlikely´ to return for Warriors in playoffs, says Kerr|
|NFL Draft 2019: Five overrated prospects, starting with a first-round QB|
|NFL Draft 2019: Teams with most riding on outcome|
|NFL Draft 2019: Five best first-round fits|
|49ers kicker Gould trying to force trade|
|Rams pick up Goff´s fifth-year option|
|Seahawks reportedly send Frank Clark to Chiefs|
|NFL Draft 2019 Big Board: Murray & Bosa the top prospects|
|Suns fire coach Kokoskov after one season|
|Defending Favors ´draining´ for Rockets – Harden|
|Mitchell thanks Jazz team-mates after flashing Game 4 warning at Rockets|
|Rays bounce back with win over Royals|
|Bucks´ progress an ´unbelievable journey´, says Giannis|
|Bucks complete sweep of Pistons, Jazz hold off Rockets|
|Cowboys´ Cooper describes relationship with Prescott|
|Nets´ Dudley doubles down on Simmons comments|
|NFL Draft 2019: Five sleeper prospects|
|NFL Draft 2019: Five potential first-round surprises|
|DaMarkus Lodge relishing chance to prove himself as all-round receiver|
|McCollum driven by past Blazers failure|
|Warriors and Trail Blazers extend leads, Celtics reach Conference semis|
|Red Sox, Yankees claim extra-inning wins to continue turnarounds|
|Kerr backs Warriors star Curry to bounce back quickly|
|76ers star Butler, Nets´ Dudley fined after playoff clash|
|Warriors´ Thompson says he ended slump by jumping in ocean|
|Stevens proud of Celtics for keeping foot on the accelerator to sweep Pacers|
|DeRozan fined $25k for throwing ball at referee|
|NHL awards 2019: Brent Burns, Mark Giordano, Victor Hedman named Norris Trophy finalists|