Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen will attempt to make NFL history on Sunday when they take on the Detroit Lions.
Thielen has started the season in magnificent form, becoming the first receiver to begin a campaign with eight successive 100-yard games.
That run has seen him tie Lions legend Calvin Johnson for the most three-figure receiving games in a row.
He will look to surpass Johnson against the franchise where the receiver known as 'Megatron' spent his entire professional career.
Thielen's streak comes six years after Johnson's, but how do his 2018 and Megatron's 2012 compare? We crunched the Opta numbers to find out.
MEGATRON MAKES THE YARDS, THIELEN THE SUPERIOR SCORER
- Thielen has the superior catch percentage, hauling in 74 of his 96 targets (77.1 per cent), while Johnson caught 76 of 115 (66.1 per cent) over the same period in 2012.
- Johnson was much more of a big-play threat, racking up 1,254 yards to Thielen's 925. However, Thielen has six touchdown grabs over the first eight games while Johnson had just four during his streak.
- During the eight games in which Thielen has 100+ yards receiving, the Vikings are 4-3-1. While Minnesota have been able to post a winning record, the Lions were 1-7 during Johnson's streak.
- During his record run, Johnson had five games with 10+ receptions. Thielen has three.
- The Lions were far more dependent on Johnson, who accounted for 37.3 per cent of Detroit's total yards in those eight games, whereas Thielen has 30.0 per cent of his team's total yards to date.
- Alongside Thielen, Stefon Diggs also has three 100+ yard receiving games. While Johnson was amassing eight straight games with 100+ yards, only one other Lion had such a game (Ryan Broyles).
- The yards per catch numbers back up Johnson's reputation as a greater big-play threat. Johnson had a 16.5 YPC average, while Thielen's number stands at 12.5.
- Johnson's most productive game during his stretch was the last, where he had 11 catches for 225 yards – only 60 games have featured more yards by a single receiver and only nine players have accomplished the feat since his performance.
- Thielen's highest individual yardage total during his run is 135. Johnson had five games with more than 135 yards during his streak.
|Lakers expect Rajon Rondo back Thursday as LeBron James continues rehab|
|Knicks star Enes Kanter frustrated by reduced role|
|Harden unimpressed with refs in Rockets´ 76ers disappointment|
|Record-breaking evening ´one of those nights´ for Warriors star Thompson|
|Thompson sets NBA record with 10 straight made three-pointers to open game|
|76ers hand Rockets largest loss of season, Harden scores 37 points|
|Rams coach McVay on Gurley: I´ve got to get him more opportunities|
|Butler´s sprained wrist not expected to keep him out ´long term´|
|Saints owner Benson will ´aggressively pursue changes in NFL policies´|
|Mavericks´ Doncic becomes second-youngest player to record triple-double|
|Yankees send Sonny Gray to Reds|
|Super Bowl-bound Rams set for London return, Chiefs to face Chargers in Mexico|
|Brees: I plan on being here next year and making another run at it|
|´Unf******-believable bro!´ - Brady stunned after reaching third straight Super Bowl|
|New England find answers, penalty costs Kansas City – three takeaways from Patriots´ win over Chiefs|
|Donald Trump congratulates Brady and Super Bowl-bound Patriots|
|Rose helps Timberwolves down Suns|
|Brady leads Patriots into third straight Super Bowl|
|McVay explains Gurley´s limited role in Rams´ win over Saints|
|Rams´ Robey-Coleman admits he committed penalty on controversial no-call|
|NFL admits they blew the call – Saints coach Payton|
|Terrible no-call, Goff shines – three takeaways from Rams´ win over Saints|
|Lonzo Ball to miss 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain|
|Zuerlein´s overtime kick sinks Saints and sends Rams to Super Bowl|
|Patrick Mahomes could sign NFL´s first $200m contract - reports|
|Harden focused on wins, not personal feats after scoring 48 points|
|I´ve got to work on my soccer skills! - Mavs´ Doncic didn´t know ejection rule|
|Lakers won´t rush LeBron & Rondo back despite Ball injury|
|Harden scores 48 points as Rockets rally past Lakers in OT|
|Devils´ Palmieri replaces Hall on NHL All-Star roster|
|´F*** no!´ - Westbrook on if he´s cool with Embiid|
|Walton has one goal for Lakers-Rockets matchup: Keep Harden under 50 points|
|Marshawn Lynch will continue playing ´if it works out´|
|Pelicans star Anthony Davis out for one to two weeks with sprained finger|
|Jared Goff not worried about Superdome noise: ´When it´s loud, we love it´|
|When it´s loud, we love it - Goff ready for New Orleans noise|
|Brady: Mahomes has had ´spectacular season´|
|DeMarcus Cousins ´felt like a kid on Christmas´ in Warriors debut|
|Celtics´ Kyrie Irving on technical: If someone questions your manhood, you got no choice|
|DeMarcus Cousins scores 14 points in Warriors debut|
|WATCH: Cousins throws down thunderous dunk to open Warriors career|
|Lakers guard Rondo cleared for full-contact practices|
|Chiefs safety Reid expected to play against Patriots|
|NFL receiver Fitzgerald has hole-in-one in round of golf with former president Obama|
|I´m really loving playing this game - Eagles QB Foles not ready to retire|
|Cowboys part ways with offensive coordinator Linehan|
|Payton´s message to Saints fans: Hurry up and make noise|
|Patriots coach Belichick still gets nervous ´every week´|
|NFL playoffs 2019: 10 Opta facts for Patriots v Chiefs|
|NFL Playoffs 2019: 10 Opta facts for Rams v Saints|
|Ref admits error in key foul call on Lonzo Ball in Lakers-Thunder game|
|How James Harden´s 2018-19 numbers compare to his MVP campaign|
|Lakers survive Ball´s gaffe to beat Thunder in OT|
|Warriors´ Durant on Curry: He´s a once-in-a-generation, once-in-a-lifetime talent|
|Patriots owner says Brady is greatest player, not just quarterback, of all time|
|Is Beal better without Wall? Wizards star says it´s ´absolutely nonsense´|
|Rockets C Capela undergoes thumb surgery, expected back after All-Star break|
|This Week in U.S. Sports: Irving apologises, Machado´s agent isn´t happy|
|Knicks in woeful shape, but 2019 could still be bright in New York|
|Knicks throw away 19-point lead and lose on last-second goaltending call|
|Tebow invited back to Mets´ major league spring training|
|Kanter´s London absence ´very unfortunate´, says NBA commissioner|
|NBA could swap London for Paris in 2020|
|Spurs coach Popovich uncertain if he will return next season|
|Pistons´ Griffin fined for verbal abuse of official|
|Returning Cousins calls Warriors ´the most hated team in sports´|
|Warriors star Curry sets NBA record|
|Irving dominates in Celtics´ win over Raptors|
|Irving called LeBron this week to apologise|
|Payton on Rams CB Peters: I have great respect for him|