Few people could have predicted that Teddy Bridgewater, Mason Rudolph and Daniel Jones would be the talk of the NFL at the end of Week 2.
But that is where things stand after the official benching of Eli Manning on Tuesday followed injuries to Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday.
From post-game news conferences to next-day media availabilities, here are the 10 best Week 2 quotes from players and coaches around the NFL:
– Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay spoke highly of his interior offensive line's performance against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday despite being composed of two new starters: "Really, when you look at those three guys, very young group," he said. "They did a good job as the game progressed."
– Despite a disappointing outing on Sunday in which he missed three kicks, Indianapolis Colts veteran Adam Vinatieri is not getting discouraged: "I'm going to work a lot this week to get those demons out so I can go clear-headed and step on the field and just do my job," he told reporters.
– Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians talked about what it was like babysitting Ronde and Tiki Barber in late 1970s as a Virginia Tech team-mate and room-mate of their father James: "[Ronde]'s got some really ugly pictures of me with some bad hair."
– Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey requested a trade but remains focused on winning while he is still with the team: "All I care about is winning man, s***...I want to f****** win. Straight up. Excuse my language," he told reporters.
– Speaking of Ramsey, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones took notice of the situation and suggested players refrain from airing their grievances on social media: "I would tell them that I can't tell you the teams that have said to me, 'Boy, that's the last thing I need is somebody that would put his business out there like that and talk about it in public. I don't want him either'," Jones told 105.3 "The Fan" in Dallas. "Usually it's a rule around the NFL that if they'll act that way with the team they're with, they'll act that way with the team I've got or the one I'm managing."
– In the wake of Roethlisberger's season-ending elbow injury, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin remains optimistic the veteran will be back next year: "He fully intends to come back from his injury, and everything we've heard, we're comfortable that's a strong possibility," he told reporters. "I'll say this — we feel comfortable with the team we've assembled. Our level of expectations in terms of level of our performance will not change and has not changed."
– With Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton also hurt, safety Eric Reid is open to the idea of the team potentially signing Colin Kaepernick: "The team have not approached me, but I would welcome that."
– New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur is focused on the future after benching long-time starting quarterback Manning for rookie Daniel Jones: "This move is more about Daniel moving forward than about Eli."
– Ahead of the team's game in Jacksonville, Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry is actually tired of watching his 99-yard touchdown run against the Jaguars from last December: "I'm sure [the Jaguars] are, because I am tired of seeing it — so I know for sure they are," he told reporters. "It's over with, man. It was a great moment, and I appreciate it. I cherish it. But it's time to move on now."
– New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick on his first trade with rivals the Jets: "We don't want to help the Jets, they don't want to help us. We're in the same division, so they're not the easiest trades to make but, you know, if the trade is good for both teams and ultimately what we're trying to do is improve our team. We have 14 other games to play besides the games against the Jets, so do we want to help them, do they want to help us? No and no, but in the end, if it helps us in the other 14 games and helps our team, then it's something that's worth considering."
|´There´s a significant place for it´ – Coles´ Celtics embracing AI and data|
|Coronavirus: Tampa Bay Rays open Tropicana Field for limited workouts|
|Coronavirus: Ewing released from hospital and ´getting much better´|
|Coronavirus: NHL releases framework for players to return to club facilities|
|Coronavirus: EuroLeague season cancelled, no 2019-20 champions|
|On this day in sport: Ali wins controversial Liston rematch, Liverpool pull off Istanbul miracle|
|Andrew Bogut leaves Sydney Kings, not retired yet|
|The Match: Tiger and Manning hold off rallying Mickelson and Brady|
|The Match: Tom Brady holes out from fairway to stun Tiger and Manning|
|The Match: Manning goes one up on Brady with Belichick and Foles jibes|
|Coronavirus: New York governor says pro teams can resume training|
|Legendary college basketball coach Eddie Sutton dies at 84|
|Ex-NFL quarterback Leaf arrested on domestic charge|
|Coronavirus: NBA targeting late-July return at Disney campus|
|Coronavirus: Celtics preparing for NBA season to return|
|Coronavirus: NHLPA executive board approves NHL´s proposed return to play format|
|Cleveland Browns offering fans chance to call plays|
|Coronavirus: NBA Hall of Famer Ewing tests positive for COVID-19|
|Joe Flacco: Jets sign former Super Bowl MVP|
|Coronavirus: Russell Westbrook donates meals to healthcare workers|
|Jerry Sloan: ´The Original Bull´ produced iconic Jazz team to take on Michael Jordan|
|Tom Brady: QB does not want to ´be the almighty´ with Buccaneers|
|Legendary Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan dies aged 78|
|NHL, players considering 24-team conference-based playoff format|
|Chiefs CEO says Mahomes extension talks will begin this summer|
|Kraft´s Super Bowl LI ring sells for $1.025m|
|Giannis wants to smoke a cigar like Jordan and celebrate Bucks´ NBA title in Mykonos|
|Coronavirus: NFL games without fans ´wouldn´t be fun´, says Rams star Donald|
|Brady exit leaves AFC East ´wide open´ – Jets RB Gore|
|Dolphins QB Fitzpatrick eager to compete with, mentor Tagovailoa|
|ESPN to make Tom Brady documentary series|
|Ja Morant ´deserves´ Rookie of the Year over Zion Williamson|
|The Last Dance: ´I was not just playing Michael´ - Malone speaks about facing Jordan and the Bulls|
|Teaching Bucs offense to Tom Brady is ´weird´ – Brate|
|Pierce leaves LeBron out of his top five NBA players of all-time|
|Coronavirus: Lakers´ Dudley ´90 per cent confident´ of NBA returning|
|Tocchet confident Taylor Hall will consider re-signing with Coyotes|
|Steelers WR Ryan Switzer says Ben Roethlisberger throwing with ´no restraints´|
|NFL reinstates DE Aldon Smith after five-year absence|
|Browns WR Jarvis Landry says his hip rehab is ´ahead of schedule´|
|Coronavirus: Redskins WR Gandy-Golden says he´s recovered from positive test|
|New England Patriots hand veteran safety Patrick Chung two-year extension|
|The Last Dance: Michael Jordan branded a liar and ´snitch´ by Horace Grant|
|Rangers would prefer to hold second spring training at new stadium|
|Coronavirus: Nationals to receive World Series rings in virtual ceremony|
|Coronavirus: NFLPA president says COVID-19 isn´t ´going to kneel down to almighty football´|
|Coronavirus: NFL chief medical officer expects positive tests, unsure when players can attend facili|
|NFL announces changes to increase diversity|
|Tom Brady works out with new Buccaneers team-mates at Tampa prep school|
|Coronavirus: LeBron not giving up on NBA season after revealing NFL training|
|LeBron James: I would´ve worked perfectly with Michael Jordan|
|Coronavirus: Rockets owner Fertitta tells Trump NBA will try to play again|
|Coronavirus: Devils G Schneider says restarting NHL season a concern|
|Colts coach Reich ‘very optimistic’ Rivers will be Indianapolis QB for multiple seasons|
|Roethlisberger shares video of himself throwing|
|Utah Jazz’s Bojan Bogdanovic to have season-ending surgery|
|Cam Newton: Chargers explain decision not to move for unsigned QB|
|The Last Dance: Michael Jordan says ´flu game´ was actually due to food poisoning|
|Last Dance Bulls would ´win championships in any era´, says ex-Chicago guard|
|Jordan sneakers sold for record $560,000 at auction|
|Quinton Dunbar and Deandre Baker released on bail, attorneys say|
|Vikings safety Anthony Harris signs franchise tender for 2020 season|
|Bills defensive tackle Oliver facing DWI, weapons charges|
|NFL cornerbacks Baker and Dunbar turn themselves in to police after alleged arm robbery|
|Kobe Bryant helicopter crash post-mortem results published|
|Michael Jordan: 35 years later, his Rookie of the Year campaign remains one of the best|
|Coronavirus: NBA players ´want to play bad´, says Chris Paul|
|Coronavirus: NFL facilities to partially reopen on Tuesday, pending local regulations|
|Rodgers ´surprised´ by Packers´ Love pick as he makes first comments since draft|
|´I love being a Lion´ – Matthew Stafford not bothered by trade talk, Tua Tagovailoa speculation|